For the well wishes and congratulations! pjBaby arrived last week, and I must say we are smitten. He’s pretty mellow, and that’s quite a contrast with pjKid, so we are relatively well rested.
After my hospital stay, with excellent care from docs and nurses alike, this from Bryan Preston at the PJ Tatler intrigued me. Via the Doctor Patient Medical Association, 83% of docs have considered quitting because of Obamacare:
- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
- 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
- 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
- 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
- 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
- 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
- 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
- 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
- 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
- 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
- 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
- 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
Sounds like docs are all willing to go Galt. Sounds like we need a doctor in the family to provide our own medical care.
Filed under: Uncategorized